Author Topic: Star Wars Free to play  (Read 2623 times)

Offline dustdragon

• Royalty
  • Teamspeak Name: dustdragon
Star Wars Free to play
« on: August 12, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20120731

check this out starwars is going free to play with restrictions

Subscription
– A service designed for players who want unrestricted access to all the game features via ongoing subscription or by redeeming a Game Time Card. In addition to gaining access to all game content as our current subscribers do now, Subscribers will receive ongoing monthly grants of Cartel Coins*, the new virtual currency that will be introduced later this fall. Cartel Coins can be used to purchase valuable items including customizable gear and convenience features that will enhance the game play experience.
    Free-to-Play –The first 50 levels will be free-to-play, with some restrictions on access to new content and advanced player features. Some restrictions can be “unlocked” with Cartel Coins.

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
  • Teamspeak Name: Zeus
  • Xfire: zeuspb
Re: Star Wars Free to play
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »
Makes it tempting to cancel my subscription and go free to play a month or two after the option arrives and I've already collected my rewards for being a subscriber for so long HAHA!

On another note, hopefully we will get more active people in the guild again. Speaking of which I need to check soon and make sure my main hasn't been forced to the new server yet. I need to send out some in-game emails to guild members and let them know that the guild will be reformed on the new server when the mandatory server change happens.
This is my sig.