Author Topic: Main server  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
  • Teamspeak Name: Zeus
  • Xfire: zeuspb
Main server
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:47:14 AM »

We are officially on the Hyperspace Cannon server
It seems that we do not get to choose our guild server after all! ARGH! from swtor.com:
If your guild has qualified for import, you can expect to receive an email at some time over the next several days. This email will give you further details on how to check the status of your guild as well as further details about how to join your guild once you’re in the game. Your email will also tell you which server your guild has been assigned to, so you will know which one to select when Early Game Access begins. While we will do everything we can to ensure that your Allies and Adversaries are on your server with you, we can’t necessarily guarantee that every guild will see their Allies and Adversaries on their server with them.

We want to thank each and every one of you who took part in the program, and we look forward to seeing you all in the game!

I guess I will post the server name as soon as I get the email.

It seems that we will benefit from choosing a primary server on which to play together ASAP. When you get early access, please post the name of the server(s) you would like to nominate as our primary Guild Server.

I would like to assemble a list of preferred servers and rank them in order of preference.

Which brings me to asking this: What TYPE of server would you like to play? PvE, PvP, RP? Please vote and respond, thank you :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:54:32 PM by Zeus »
This is my sig.

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
Re: Main server
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 02:35:21 AM »
Well, I have some good news and some not-so-good news.

The good news:
We are definitely a registered PvE guild that will be available upon launch (I believe as early as first day of Early Access.)

The not-so-good news:
It appears that Medx has his guild listed as a PvP guild which is allied with another PvP guild.

You might wondering what this means. Well it was stated on SWTOR that preset guild will be set to the server type that the guild registered as. In our case, we will be on a PvE server while the other guilds that we would have listed as adverseries (because they are Reb and We are Imp) will be on a PvP server.
I'm not sure how this will all pan out, but I'll keep you all updated as best as possible.
This is my sig.

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 02:43:31 AM »
One more thing, please go ahead and vote while the vote topic is still up and running. There is the possibility that we can choose a second server for a secondary division of imperials on the same server as Medx.
Naturally, anyone who wants to join a Republic guild to Medx's guild "Light Bringers" is always welcome to do so.

All the best! I'll post more as I learn more.
This is my sig.

Offline Manimal2k

• Royalty
    • Facebook
  • Teamspeak Name: Manimal2k
  • Xfire: Manimal2K
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »
One more thing, please go ahead and vote while the vote topic is still up and running. There is the possibility that we can choose a second server for a secondary division of imperials on the same server as Medx.
Naturally, anyone who wants to join a Republic guild to Medx's guild "Light Bringers" is always welcome to do so.

All the best! I'll post more as I learn more.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! tomorrows the first day of early launch! for God's Sake what server do I log onto!!!!

"Those are not the Manimals you are seeking"
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:00:49 PM by Manimal2k »

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »
We got our official notice. The Gaming Samurai Guild is slated to be started on the Hyperspace Cannon server!
This is my sig.

Offline Medx

• Shogun
  • Teamspeak Name: Medx
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
Well Light Bringers was set for the Daragon Trial server along with our republic allies Immortal Brotherhood

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »
Well Light Bringers was set for the Daragon Trial server along with our republic allies Immortal Brotherhood
Well as soon as I can get access I will see if I can start up a Republic character on Daragon :)

Maybe it will be possible to start an Imp guild over there at some time as well ;)
This is my sig.

Offline Zeus

• Royalty
  • Your Face
    • Gaming Samurai HQ
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »
GamingSamurai is moving servers... and it isn't by choice! The SWTOR site has this to say:
Don't miss out on your Free Character Transfer Reward! You must transfer your characters by July 30th to qualify for you Free Character Transfer Rewards. If you don't transfer your characters they will be automatically transferred for you and you will not receive your Free Character Transfer Rewards. Visit www.swtor.com/transfer for more information.
So you might as well move your characters while there are rewards to be had, otherwise they are moved for you and you get no compensation at all.

One further note is that the destination server is already set, in this case characters from Hyperspace cannon are to be moved to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
This is my sig.

Offline dustdragon

• Royalty
  • Teamspeak Name: dustdragon
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »
Drooga's Pleasure Barge

i like the sound of that :)